Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My Classroom

Orientation started with Mrs. Duke introducing herself and how her kindergarten class will work this year. This is the first year of all day kindergarten. She has been teaching kindergarten for 8 of 11 years. I warned her that Barry is a spirited little man. She said she hasn't had one she couldn't handle yet. Any bets on how long before the first phone call home? ;)

Rules Rules Rules!

Mrs. Duke
I found my seat!
I even have my own name tag.
Mom filling out paperwork
I chose to bring my lunch to school today cuz all they were going to have was a burrito. But the rest of the months meals sound really good. Tomorrow we have baked chicken! They even let our family come and eat with us if they would like to. The first graders took us to the lunch room today and helped us with our lunches. I met some new friends and can't wait to go back tomorrow! Grandpa says when he was my age that great grandma was a lunch lady. But he didn't like the lunch because she put raisins in the meatloaf. She says he's crazy. I sure hope they don't put anything funny in my lunch like that!

1 comment:

TEAM LINDSAY said...

Awww, Vicki has a backpack too :)